Cafe Racer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cafe Racer Forum

Cafe Racer Forum for the Cafe Racer culture enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» gs550 7k miles cafe racer build
looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm by RussJ

» moto guzzi v50 80 build
looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm by TheMadman

» Suzuki A100
looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm by roflhat

» Triumph Trident anyone?
looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 am by pauliexjr

» Finished at last
looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 am by Kerzo

» Cagiva project
looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 pm by pauliexjr

» Any Londoners or South Easterners?
looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:16 pm by RussJ

» not been on here for a while
looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm by RussJ

» Honda h100A 1980, Some history and build pictures.
looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm by RussJ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jamie

looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better Empty
PostSubject: looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better   looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 9:12 am

hi ya im jamie and am asking for advice on the best cheapest bike to make in to a cafe racer
Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better   looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 12:35 pm

Hi Jamie, depends on your age, budget and experience. Age because you're going to have to insure it. Budget speaks for itself, and experience because if you're good with bikes you can go for a non-runner and take it down yourself, otherwise look at a running bike and take it from there.

Check out E-bay for project bikes, talk to friends, amazing how many people say "Oh, you're looking for a bike? I know a mate who's got a xyz sitting in his garage"

Probably an older 250 jap would be a good place to start, cheap to buy, plentiful parts and not too difficult to play with. Or you can go old British tin, I saw an amazing BSA Bantam 175 a few months ago which the guy reckoned had cost him 350 quid total. Bike was free from a friend's Dad and the rest he made himself or got off E-bay and local breakers.
Back to top Go down
jamie

PostSubject: Re: looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better   looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:03 pm

thanks for the reply my mechancai knowledge is more cars more hope it will past over to bikes ive been looking on ebay but the choice is just endless really so hard to decied wat to go with one of the ones ive bid on is a 1988 zx750-a3
Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better   looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 3:17 pm

Believe me, bikes are easier than cars, the bits are lighter, easier to get to, suspension doesn't get caked in filth and rust to hell, and the electrics are far simpler!

The ZX750 is a pretty bullet proof bike, but you're going to have to strip off a lot of plastic and custom bodywork to get to a basis for a real cafe racer. take a look at some of these to get some inspiration:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Sorry, can't do the 'clicky' thing to reduce the link, but the second photo, top left is my aim!
Back to top Go down
jamie

PostSubject: Re: looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better   looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:44 pm

which one is that the cb750
Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better   looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 12:43 pm

Ohhh yeah! I love Carpy's bikes and my 10,500 mile (genuine!) '78 F2 is destined to look like one of his bad boys by the end of this year!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better   looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better Empty

Back to top Go down

looking for idea bike to start on the cheaoer the better
Page 1 of 1