Cafe Racer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cafe Racer Forum

Cafe Racer Forum for the Cafe Racer culture enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» gs550 7k miles cafe racer build
Any Londoners or South Easterners? EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm by RussJ

» moto guzzi v50 80 build
Any Londoners or South Easterners? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm by TheMadman

» Suzuki A100
Any Londoners or South Easterners? EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm by roflhat

» Triumph Trident anyone?
Any Londoners or South Easterners? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 am by pauliexjr

» Finished at last
Any Londoners or South Easterners? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 am by Kerzo

» Cagiva project
Any Londoners or South Easterners? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 pm by pauliexjr

» Any Londoners or South Easterners?
Any Londoners or South Easterners? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:16 pm by RussJ

» not been on here for a while
Any Londoners or South Easterners? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm by RussJ

» Honda h100A 1980, Some history and build pictures.
Any Londoners or South Easterners? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm by RussJ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Any Londoners or South Easterners?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
joshfinlay

Any Londoners or South Easterners? Empty
PostSubject: Any Londoners or South Easterners?   Any Londoners or South Easterners? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 10:19 am

Hi all, I posted in the introduction section but thought I might get the right sort of attention if I posted here too.

My attraction to motorcycles has always been intimately linked to being able to work on the machine myself - probably the result of reading Robert Pirsig's classic at an early age. Even so, having been sidetracked by education, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to mechanics and would love to dive in and learn more. I am a firm believer that you should just dive in with both feet when trying to learn a new skill and, for that reason, I think I am going to pick up a second hand Honda cb series or something similar on the cheap and have a tinker with it.

I'm also a big believer in learning from a mentor who knows more about things than you do. Is there anyone in the London area (I'm in SE9) that wouldn't mind me 'sitting in' as a fly on the wall while they work on their bikes? I promise to be relatively quiet and not ask too many annoying questions Wink
Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: Any Londoners or South Easterners?   Any Londoners or South Easterners? EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 1:01 am

Welcome Josh, unfortunately I'm waaay too far North to be of assistance, but, whilst I understand your reticence to just 'dive in' I suggest you get your bike of choice (unless you already have one) grab an appropriate Haynes manual so you have an idea of how it all holds together, then see if there's a local club (and I don't mean Chapter, there's a world of difference!) you can hook up with.

Or go over to Facebook and post a similar request in something like 'FBB Global rides again', they're a pretty friendly bunch and with respect to this site far, far more populous!
Back to top Go down
RussJ

RussJ

PostSubject: Re: Any Londoners or South Easterners?   Any Londoners or South Easterners? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:16 pm

sry miles away too..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Londoners or South Easterners?   Any Londoners or South Easterners? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any Londoners or South Easterners?
Page 1 of 1