Cafe Racer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cafe Racer Forum

Cafe Racer Forum for the Cafe Racer culture enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» gs550 7k miles cafe racer build
Hello everyone from a newbie to the world of cafe racers. EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm by RussJ

» moto guzzi v50 80 build
Hello everyone from a newbie to the world of cafe racers. EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm by TheMadman

» Suzuki A100
Hello everyone from a newbie to the world of cafe racers. EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm by roflhat

» Triumph Trident anyone?
Hello everyone from a newbie to the world of cafe racers. EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 am by pauliexjr

» Finished at last
Hello everyone from a newbie to the world of cafe racers. EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 am by Kerzo

» Cagiva project
Hello everyone from a newbie to the world of cafe racers. EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 pm by pauliexjr

» Any Londoners or South Easterners?
Hello everyone from a newbie to the world of cafe racers. EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:16 pm by RussJ

» not been on here for a while
Hello everyone from a newbie to the world of cafe racers. EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm by RussJ

» Honda h100A 1980, Some history and build pictures.
Hello everyone from a newbie to the world of cafe racers. EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm by RussJ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Hello everyone from a newbie to the world of cafe racers.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
stormfuzz

Hello everyone from a newbie to the world of cafe racers. Empty
PostSubject: Hello everyone from a newbie to the world of cafe racers.   Hello everyone from a newbie to the world of cafe racers. EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 6:15 am

Hi
I have recently had the idea to build myself a cafe racer. Its just an idea at the moment and I am looking for inspiration.

I have been riding for a few years and currently ride a Kawasaki ER6N.

I think the idea started after seeing a lovely Cafe racer on ebay a couple of weeks ago. Which funnily enough was a Kawsaki as well. I think it was a K something 750. Now I am under no illusion that I could buiid such a nice bike the first time around. But even that builder must have started some where.

So her is to the start of something (hopefully)
Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

Hello everyone from a newbie to the world of cafe racers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone from a newbie to the world of cafe racers.   Hello everyone from a newbie to the world of cafe racers. EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 12:16 am

First off welcome, it's a good site with lots of friendly helpful people.

You need to lose the idea that cafe racers all have to be show winning examples of high-end engineering!

Remember where the idea originated in the 50's, it was our dads and uncles (or even grandads depending on your age) bored with the drab bikes their dads used during post-war austerity and trying to make them special. They took the old, plodding Triumphs, Nortons, BSAs, AJS's etc. and changed things around to make them stand out. They had limited resources and even smaller budgets, but they had inspiration from the very busy UK racing scene, much more prevalent than it is today.

Nowadays wannabe builders have access to a much wider range of bikes, bolt-ons and professional services. So no matter what level your skills you can build something special, it's what you put into it and get out of it that counts, and don't give a rat's arse about other people's opinions, the early cafe builders certainly didn't!

As for inspiration, take a look at some of the build threads on here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (or the definitive "How to build a cafe racer'!)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone from a newbie to the world of cafe racers.
Page 1 of 1