Cafe Racer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cafe Racer Forum

Cafe Racer Forum for the Cafe Racer culture enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» gs550 7k miles cafe racer build
kawasaki gpz550 cafe racer on the wirral england EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm by RussJ

» moto guzzi v50 80 build
kawasaki gpz550 cafe racer on the wirral england EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm by TheMadman

» Suzuki A100
kawasaki gpz550 cafe racer on the wirral england EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm by roflhat

» Triumph Trident anyone?
kawasaki gpz550 cafe racer on the wirral england EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 am by pauliexjr

» Finished at last
kawasaki gpz550 cafe racer on the wirral england EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 am by Kerzo

» Cagiva project
kawasaki gpz550 cafe racer on the wirral england EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 pm by pauliexjr

» Any Londoners or South Easterners?
kawasaki gpz550 cafe racer on the wirral england EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:16 pm by RussJ

» not been on here for a while
kawasaki gpz550 cafe racer on the wirral england EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm by RussJ

» Honda h100A 1980, Some history and build pictures.
kawasaki gpz550 cafe racer on the wirral england EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm by RussJ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

kawasaki gpz550 cafe racer on the wirral england

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
paul bubble

kawasaki gpz550 cafe racer on the wirral england Empty
PostSubject: kawasaki gpz550 cafe racer on the wirral england   kawasaki gpz550 cafe racer on the wirral england EmptySun May 22, 2011 2:25 pm

hello out there i have just built a cafe racer out ot an old gpz 550 1982 vintage it looks ok and is cheap to run ican not afford british tin at the moment i will post some pics soon i am on the wirral near liverpool
Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: kawasaki gpz550 cafe racer on the wirral england   kawasaki gpz550 cafe racer on the wirral england EmptySat May 28, 2011 12:18 am

Come on Paul, where's the piccies?
Back to top Go down
colbb66

colbb66

PostSubject: Re: kawasaki gpz550 cafe racer on the wirral england   kawasaki gpz550 cafe racer on the wirral england EmptySat May 28, 2011 2:24 am

Yeh,

wheres the photo's??? Can't just telll us about it without photos???

That's teasing that is..
Laughing

Col.
Back to top Go down
paul bubble

PostSubject: pudding bowl lid   kawasaki gpz550 cafe racer on the wirral england EmptySun May 29, 2011 11:22 am

i promise to get some pictures sorted soon you all should be impressed on another note i have just got hold of an old pudding bowl helmet of ebay it has a BS2001/56 kite mark are these legal i am going to look daft enough wearing it never mind getting pulled by plod i will take some pictures of me wearing it you will see what i mean but a modern lid just dosent look right
Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: kawasaki gpz550 cafe racer on the wirral england   kawasaki gpz550 cafe racer on the wirral england EmptySun May 29, 2011 11:46 pm

Hi Paul, according to Google the only standards that are legal for use on road in the UK are the current EU standard ECE 22-05, and the British Standard 6658 categorised as Type A (blue label) or Type B (green label).

If your kitemark sticker is not 6658, then it is not road legal.

It is worth noting that it is now several years since any helmets were produced with the BS sticker, so even hardly used ones are near the end of their safe shelf life, particularly those made of moulded plastic, but I doubt Mr. Plod is going to be well up on that one, it's more a question of your own safety.

As far as the police are concerned most of them are not actually the fountains of legal accuracy they would have us believe, 2 cases to prove this:

My brother-in-law was pulled on his 1978 Triumph based trike, the copper stopped him and issued a ticket for not wearing a helmet, despite being told in no uncertain terms it wasn't a requirement on a trike.

My next door neighbour was stopped for entering a chevron'ed safety box at a road junction whilst overtaking a car turning left in front of him. He pointed out that the law actually allows for this unless the lines on the chevron are continuous on your side of the road. The copper still reported him for dangerous driving, needless to say it never made court!

So, pudding basin? Your call.
Back to top Go down
paul bubble

PostSubject: pudding basin lids   kawasaki gpz550 cafe racer on the wirral england EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:59 am

thanks a lot for that information apparently it is legal to wear one obviosly there is a big risk involved as you say it is well past its sell by date but it is illigal to sell one at least that is what it says on a harley forum i looked at, the bs 2001/56 does make it road legal but its well over fifty years old so common sense prevails sadly because they do look the part they do seem to sell like hot cakes on ebay though for some reason
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: kawasaki gpz550 cafe racer on the wirral england   kawasaki gpz550 cafe racer on the wirral england Empty

Back to top Go down

kawasaki gpz550 cafe racer on the wirral england
Page 1 of 1