Cafe Racer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cafe Racer Forum

Cafe Racer Forum for the Cafe Racer culture enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» gs550 7k miles cafe racer build
Hi all from a new cafe racer fan! EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm by RussJ

» moto guzzi v50 80 build
Hi all from a new cafe racer fan! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm by TheMadman

» Suzuki A100
Hi all from a new cafe racer fan! EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm by roflhat

» Triumph Trident anyone?
Hi all from a new cafe racer fan! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 am by pauliexjr

» Finished at last
Hi all from a new cafe racer fan! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 am by Kerzo

» Cagiva project
Hi all from a new cafe racer fan! EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 pm by pauliexjr

» Any Londoners or South Easterners?
Hi all from a new cafe racer fan! EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:16 pm by RussJ

» not been on here for a while
Hi all from a new cafe racer fan! EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm by RussJ

» Honda h100A 1980, Some history and build pictures.
Hi all from a new cafe racer fan! EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm by RussJ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Hi all from a new cafe racer fan!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
biker58

Hi all from a new cafe racer fan! Empty
PostSubject: Hi all from a new cafe racer fan!   Hi all from a new cafe racer fan! EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 10:37 am

Hi everyone, I have only had my full licence a couple of weeks but have a had a bike a lot of my life. Motox, moped, 125 on a cbt etc. I ride a GSX600F (or teapot as it is often referred to) Not the most popular of bikes I seem to hear but i love it! Smile

i'm new to the world of the cafe racer. I have checked out a couple of projects on here and - wow!!

I know very little about about mechanics but once i leave the army in the next 12 months or so i hope to be able to spend some time on a bike project of sorts. I think a Cafe racer might be beyond me right now, I'll start off with a project where i can learn more about the workings of the bikes and then hopefully in the future I can attempt a cafe racer!.

I'll float around the forum and see what tips I can pick up! Wink
Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: Hi all from a new cafe racer fan!   Hi all from a new cafe racer fan! EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi and welcome.

Forget 'I,m not that good with spanners'! Cafe racers are actually not that difficult, let's face it, the average spotty-faced 1950's/60's greaser was not likely to have a degree in engineering. They took their Dad's 'ride to work' and turned them into a life-style.

You are looking at taking a stock bike of some sort and turning into something individual, no hard and fast rules, it doesn't have to be a Triumph Bonnie engine in a Norton 'featherbed' frame, I've seen some stonking 125s and some amazing Japanese multis, Harley's, BMWs, twins, triples, the limit is your imagination! Google cafe racer and see what's out there.

The first place is the handlebars, ditch the sit-up-and-beg high rise bars for a set of clip-ons or 'ace' bars, Now you are leaning forward over the tank, race bike style, but your knees are under your chin, so you need a set of rear-set foot controls so you are more comfortable and aero dynamic, lying along your bike in true 'race' style.

Next, body work, do you need a twin seat? If so get one with a bump stop or tailpiece to stop your 'bird' sliding off the back as you accelerate! A nice tank with indents so your handle bars don't hit it on tight turns.

How old is your bike, are indicators really necessary (rhetorical, they are compulsory after a ceratin year.)

Different side panels, paint, exhausts, tuning, you've got a cafe racer, as individual as your mind wants to make it, no rules!
Back to top Go down
biker58

PostSubject: Re: Hi all from a new cafe racer fan!   Hi all from a new cafe racer fan! EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:39 am

Thanks for the advice! it's going to be a while before i can attempt a cafe racer but i'm excited about it already! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gone fishin

PostSubject: Re: Hi all from a new cafe racer fan!   Hi all from a new cafe racer fan! EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 3:18 am

welcome from one newbie to another
Back to top Go down
Oncas

PostSubject: Re: Hi all from a new cafe racer fan!   Hi all from a new cafe racer fan! EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 8:59 am

Welcome in Fella
Back to top Go down
CO_Racer32

CO_Racer32

PostSubject: Re: Hi all from a new cafe racer fan!   Hi all from a new cafe racer fan! EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:42 am

Hello Biker58 and welcome to the forum
-The subscribers on this forum are awesome/knowledgeable and are extremely willing to help with all of your questions/concerns.
-I too am new to the cafe Racer world. I wanted a project of my own to learn from. So i looked around and found Cafe racers. Im now building my first project and learning as I go.....very cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi all from a new cafe racer fan!   Hi all from a new cafe racer fan! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi all from a new cafe racer fan!
Page 1 of 1