Cafe Racer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cafe Racer Forum

Cafe Racer Forum for the Cafe Racer culture enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» gs550 7k miles cafe racer build
Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm by RussJ

» moto guzzi v50 80 build
Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm by TheMadman

» Suzuki A100
Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm by roflhat

» Triumph Trident anyone?
Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 am by pauliexjr

» Finished at last
Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 am by Kerzo

» Cagiva project
Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 pm by pauliexjr

» Any Londoners or South Easterners?
Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:16 pm by RussJ

» not been on here for a while
Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm by RussJ

» Honda h100A 1980, Some history and build pictures.
Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm by RussJ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Le Mans - Starting point

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Le Mans - Starting point   Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 7:43 am

fig wrote:
I see we have a swear filter...

You didn't use the other 'S' word did you? Mind you, nothing wrong with the odd 'spice!' when things go wrong.  Very Happy

If it's any help I attach a vastly modified and simplistic wiring diagram, it's for a Jap 4 cylinder, but don't suppose it would be much different on an Italian 2 cylinder:

Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 Ebe35d7e-4315-4baa-adcf-c76d8fa79b80
Back to top Go down
fig

fig

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans - Starting point   Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 10:27 pm

Took the footrest hangers off with a view to cutting them down, but I noticed the mounting points formed a straight line to where I wanted the footrests to be anyway (I want them slightly lower than standard as I've taken about 3" out of the seat height). So had a rummage around and found some scrap aluminium. 5 minutes later...

Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 Photo211_zpsfd29ade2

The footpegs came from a cheap chinese set of rearsets I bought for my old Multistrada, they then got moved to my Sprint ST, and noe they're heading for the Guzzi. Now that's value for money!

I put the mounting holes slightly off centre so I can swap the brackets over to raise/lower the pegs. Should work a treat.
Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans - Starting point   Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 10:50 pm

Neat, I love it when people turn unused/unwanted gear into something worthwhile and a nice looking job too!
Back to top Go down
fig

fig

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans - Starting point   Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 11:19 am

Things should move on quickly now. I've finally sussed out the wiring! cheers 

Back to top Go down
TheMadman

TheMadman

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans - Starting point   Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 3:46 am

that was quick , easier than you thought ? also isnt it mandatiory to dance on youtube videos on here  Razz 
Back to top Go down
fig

fig

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans - Starting point   Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 5:13 am

Basically I just hid everything under the tank. Not really the job I wanted to do, but it'll suffice. If it weren't for work I'd have it on the road next weekend, but I'm gonna be in France half the week, and I'll be working Saturday, so it'll have to wait til the weekend after.
Back to top Go down
fig

fig

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans - Starting point   Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 5:33 am

Definitely getting there...

Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 Photo310_zps32fc410b
Back to top Go down
RussJ

RussJ

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans - Starting point   Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 1:45 am

yeh looking tidy Smile carpet in the garage too.... mine floods every time it rains (concrete sectional) so more a case of getting the plastic sheeting out to lay on  Sad Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
fig

fig

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans - Starting point   Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 3:55 am

Well, she out in the sun and running fine!

Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 10-04-14014_zpscd1b040d

Still a long way from being finished; the seat and sidepanels need to be remade cos they're a bit sh1t, and I've got to find a decent engine cleaner, cos there's no way I'm stripping the bike down just to clean it. Main thing is it's rideable for the summer.

Nothing has been cut away or modified, it can be put back to standard at any time. And it's only cost me about £300 so far. I'm chuffed to bits to be honest Laughing
Back to top Go down
TheMadman

TheMadman

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans - Starting point   Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 1:38 pm

think it looks great , im from the school that who cares if its not perfect . it runs and looks cool . if it was immaculate in every way you'd never take it out . great job bud and for £300 ied say that was a result .
Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans - Starting point   Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 12:03 am

Fig, that's looking ace, exceeding amounts of jealousy from North of the border, the XJR I was looking at fell through and I'm struggling to find a decent project with enough BHP to get excited over!  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
fig

fig

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans - Starting point   Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:13 am

A couple of days on the battery optimiser and she's running near perfectly, just got a bit of carb balancing to do. In fact I'm so happy with it, I've just booked a trip to the Dutch TT!
Back to top Go down
fig

fig

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans - Starting point   Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 10:03 pm

Trepidation...

Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 Photo8_zps08d85c9b
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans - Starting point   Le Mans - Starting point - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Le Mans - Starting point
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next