Cafe Racer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cafe Racer Forum

Cafe Racer Forum for the Cafe Racer culture enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» gs550 7k miles cafe racer build
Just Joined....thought I'd say hello EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm by RussJ

» moto guzzi v50 80 build
Just Joined....thought I'd say hello EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm by TheMadman

» Suzuki A100
Just Joined....thought I'd say hello EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm by roflhat

» Triumph Trident anyone?
Just Joined....thought I'd say hello EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 am by pauliexjr

» Finished at last
Just Joined....thought I'd say hello EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 am by Kerzo

» Cagiva project
Just Joined....thought I'd say hello EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 pm by pauliexjr

» Any Londoners or South Easterners?
Just Joined....thought I'd say hello EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:16 pm by RussJ

» not been on here for a while
Just Joined....thought I'd say hello EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm by RussJ

» Honda h100A 1980, Some history and build pictures.
Just Joined....thought I'd say hello EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm by RussJ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Just Joined....thought I'd say hello

Go down 
+3
gone fishin
robz
Breadline Racing
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Breadline Racing

Just Joined....thought I'd say hello Empty
PostSubject: Just Joined....thought I'd say hello   Just Joined....thought I'd say hello EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 5:32 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I'm at the beginning of a new Café Racer build and found this site whilst trawling the net for inspiration.
The new bike is based on a 1981 GS550e, which I bought off Ebay some time ago. The original brief was to build a sprint bike for racing the 1/4 and1/8th mile tracks with the NSA [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but on tearing the bike down I found some major issues....... the biggest of the lot was a large amount of filler in the frame tubes..........Yep, I'd been turner over real good! But not being a violent man, I figure what goes around, comes around and the little **** will get his eventually.
Anyway, after a while of contemplation, I bought my self a second hand frame and have begun the now long overdue build process.
This is where we are at just now............
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The plan is to add a full fairing and a Barry Sheene inspired heron Suzuki paint job
This is my first foray into Japanese metal for some time. A far cry from my usual comfort zone of British tin.
This is my daily rider at present...............

She's a 1979 T140 Bonneville with Norman Hyde rear sets and M bars and straight through reverse cone megas (not strictly for road use, but well......irat: ) this picture was taken at the site of Triumph Engineering's Meriden factory, which was closed and demolished in 1983. It's now a housing estate built by John Bloor, the guy behind the new triumph brand.
Back to top Go down
robz

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined....thought I'd say hello   Just Joined....thought I'd say hello EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 1:48 am

Hi.
Looks like a nice build.
All good fun!
Back to top Go down
gone fishin

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined....thought I'd say hello   Just Joined....thought I'd say hello EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 4:16 am

hi
not far from you just a few miles north in yam yam land
likein the seat unit on the gs
but great to see another brit bike on here Cool
just at the start of another british build myself so on the look out ATM for bits and bobs if you know of any manx stuff Question

cheers miffa
Back to top Go down
Pud

Pud

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined....thought I'd say hello   Just Joined....thought I'd say hello EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 1:24 pm

Hi and welcome
Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined....thought I'd say hello   Just Joined....thought I'd say hello EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 3:15 am

Hi and welcome, the GS is looking good, I've got my eye on a 450 just up the road from me, bit smaller than my normal bikes (last one was a XJR1300) but I quite fancy something I can get the engine out of without a crane!

Good luck with the build, oh and love your T140, this is what mine looked like when I eventually sold it, mine also had stright throughs, no-one could ever say they didn't hear you coming!

Back to top Go down
RussJ

RussJ

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined....thought I'd say hello   Just Joined....thought I'd say hello EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 1:58 pm

yeh hi, nice trumpet Smile and what a cool place to build a café racer.. looks like the front room with the piano etc, least it'll be nice and warm in the coming months tongue 
Back to top Go down
Breadline Racing

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined....thought I'd say hello   Just Joined....thought I'd say hello EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 2:18 pm

Thanks Russ, yeah the warmth is a great help, scrabling around on the floor of a freezing cold garage or worse still outside on the drive is never good.............however the wife has to be a very cool bird in order for it to happen.
Thing have moved on somewhat since those photos and I've neglected the build blog, so watch this space for some updates soon.
Back to top Go down
Cab

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined....thought I'd say hello   Just Joined....thought I'd say hello EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 1:34 am

Breadline Racing wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She's a 1979 T140 Bonneville with Norman Hyde rear sets and M bars and straight through reverse cone megas (not strictly for road use, but well......irat: ) this picture was taken at the site of Triumph Engineering's Meriden factory, which was closed and demolished in 1983. It's now a housing estate built by John Bloor, the guy behind the new triumph brand.
It's a popular misconception that JS Bloor developed the Meriden Factory site, he didn't. Although not 100% sure I believe it was Bryants and Walker Homes but it wasn't Bloor. Welcome to the site btw
Back to top Go down
Breadline Racing

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined....thought I'd say hello   Just Joined....thought I'd say hello EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:07 am

Well, in that case the Hinkley set up has even less to do with the Triumph name.
In my opinion, the new bikes being called the same names as the old bikes, really devalues the marque.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined....thought I'd say hello   Just Joined....thought I'd say hello Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Joined....thought I'd say hello
Page 1 of 1