Cafe Racer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cafe Racer Forum

Cafe Racer Forum for the Cafe Racer culture enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» gs550 7k miles cafe racer build
Hello from North Carolina EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm by RussJ

» moto guzzi v50 80 build
Hello from North Carolina EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm by TheMadman

» Suzuki A100
Hello from North Carolina EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm by roflhat

» Triumph Trident anyone?
Hello from North Carolina EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 am by pauliexjr

» Finished at last
Hello from North Carolina EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 am by Kerzo

» Cagiva project
Hello from North Carolina EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 pm by pauliexjr

» Any Londoners or South Easterners?
Hello from North Carolina EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:16 pm by RussJ

» not been on here for a while
Hello from North Carolina EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm by RussJ

» Honda h100A 1980, Some history and build pictures.
Hello from North Carolina EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm by RussJ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Hello from North Carolina

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cdpia1084

cdpia1084

Hello from North Carolina Empty
PostSubject: Hello from North Carolina   Hello from North Carolina EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 10:12 am

Hello everyone i am new to motorcycles but i have worked on a lot of different type of vehicles. I got my hands on a 1974 Harley SX-175. Its an enduro that i plan on turning into a cafe racer. It currently does not run. I have been stripping it down bit by bit off and on when i have free time. I have gathered parts to build a 250cc from the same era bike. It is a two-stroke which you don't see much of and that is what intrigues me. I like having something unusual. I do plan on using some modern parts on it but keep that vintage look and appeal. I will post pictures as i can. Any advice on parts would be helpful. Has anyone done a 2 stroke or enduro conversion that wouldnt mind giving me a few pointers on issues they came across?

chris
Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Carolina   Hello from North Carolina EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 3:37 pm

Hi Chris and welcome. Is this the Italian Harley made by AMF? In which case I have 75% of one in my garage which my Dad gave to my son over 10 years ago. My lad took it to bits (he was only 15 at the time) spread the bits into various boxes around the garage and forgot about it. It's up there on my to-do list.

As for cafe racing it, I think you are on an uphill struggle. I'm not saying it can't be done, but the frame and wheels don't lend themselves to a cafe racer style bike without some serious modifying.

Having said that, never say die. Post some pictures and let the bods on here give you the benefit fo their cumulative wisdom and knowledge.

Good luck with your build.

Back to top Go down
cdpia1084

cdpia1084

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Carolina   Hello from North Carolina EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 5:11 pm

yes i am refering to the Italian made Harley by AMF. I know i will have to modify some parts and get new parts for others. i have already planned on getting new front forks and springs so the bike can ride lower and sleeker. if it comes to the point i am unable to use the engine then i will find a donor engine. the rest seems pretty do-able. i have been looking at the frame to determine where and what i am cutting. I will post as pics of it stripped down soon.

Back to top Go down
gone fishin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Carolina   Hello from North Carolina EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 9:46 am

hi cdpia1084
remember them well
you cant beat a good snort of 2 stroke
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Carolina   Hello from North Carolina Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from North Carolina
Page 1 of 1