Cafe Racer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cafe Racer Forum

Cafe Racer Forum for the Cafe Racer culture enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» gs550 7k miles cafe racer build
for the sake of chat... EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm by RussJ

» moto guzzi v50 80 build
for the sake of chat... EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm by TheMadman

» Suzuki A100
for the sake of chat... EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm by roflhat

» Triumph Trident anyone?
for the sake of chat... EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 am by pauliexjr

» Finished at last
for the sake of chat... EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 am by Kerzo

» Cagiva project
for the sake of chat... EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 pm by pauliexjr

» Any Londoners or South Easterners?
for the sake of chat... EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:16 pm by RussJ

» not been on here for a while
for the sake of chat... EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm by RussJ

» Honda h100A 1980, Some history and build pictures.
for the sake of chat... EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm by RussJ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

for the sake of chat...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
beekeeper

for the sake of chat... Empty
PostSubject: for the sake of chat...   for the sake of chat... EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 2:07 am

quiet on here this weekend so i thought i'd throw this in.

just painted this little bike for a fella this week. no stickers, all painted on.

the reason i mention it is he's building a bike for his son's 17th birthday and is starting him off with a mint little yam 125.

the bloke is so keen to get his son on a bike its untrue.

for the sake of chat... P2100380

really nice to see i thought.

my parents did what they could to keep me off the things.
Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: for the sake of chat...   for the sake of chat... EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 5:58 am

My old man really encouraged me, I remember when I was about 4 him working on his Triumph sidecar outfit, then taking me to the local sweetshop in Leytonstone for an ice-cream.....sitting on the tank! I got my first riding lesson on his Norton Atlas on the footpaths at our local forest when I was about 13, and he bought me my first moped when I was 16 (the law changed a couple of years before and you had to be 17 for a 'proper' bike)

I didn't take my car test until I was 21, then when I was 23 the girlfriend of the time put her foot down and it was another 20 years before I went back to bikes :-(
Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: for the sake of chat...   for the sake of chat... EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 6:00 am

My old man really encouraged me, I remember when I was about 4 him working on his Triumph sidecar outfit, then taking me to the local sweetshop in Leytonstone for an ice-cream.....sitting on the tank! I got my first riding lesson on his Norton Atlas on the footpaths at our local forest when I was about 13, and he bought me my first moped when I was 16 (the law changed a couple of years before and you had to be 17 for a 'proper' bike)

I didn't take my car test until I was 21, then when I was 23 the girlfriend of the time put her foot down, either the bikes went or she did and it was another 25 years before I went back to bikes :-(
Back to top Go down
beekeeper

PostSubject: Re: for the sake of chat...   for the sake of chat... EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 2:40 am

i spent most of my college days attempting to break speed limits on a suzuki A100.

at 55mph it vibrated so much you couldn't see.

still went everywhere at 55 though.
Back to top Go down
Pud

Pud

PostSubject: Re: for the sake of chat...   for the sake of chat... EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 8:13 am

really keen for my 17 year old son to ride a bike as i think it makes a better car driver
at the mo we are rebuilding a chineese 125 we bought cheap and puting it right together
this is bringing my son and my self together and getting out of the wifes hair
Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: for the sake of chat...   for the sake of chat... EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 1:37 am

Pud wrote:
really keen for my 17 year old son to ride a bike as i think it makes a better car driver
at the mo we are rebuilding a chineese 125 we bought cheap and puting it right together
this is bringing my son and my self together and getting out of the wifes hair
I bought my wife one of those when she and her pal (who's hubby is also a biker) decided they didn't want to be just pillions any more. John and I reckoned it was the wine talking, but I decided to call her bluff

It was 700-odd quid brand new off e-bay, delivered on a pallet and needed things like the handlebars and indicators mounting, but a very pretty little bike.

The day came for her first 'test ride', she sat on it in our drive, I started it for her, she let out the cluctch, wobbled up the drive for about 30 ft, screaming all the way, stalled it and never went near it again! Sold it a few weeks later for £950 having registered and MOT'd it Twisted Evil

for the sake of chat... 2005_0822AnnesBike0012

for the sake of chat... 2005_0822AnnesBike0015
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: for the sake of chat...   for the sake of chat... Empty

Back to top Go down

for the sake of chat...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cafe Racer Forum  :: General Chat-
Jump to: