Cafe Racer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cafe Racer Forum

Cafe Racer Forum for the Cafe Racer culture enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» gs550 7k miles cafe racer build
Newbie from North Alabama USA...... EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm by RussJ

» moto guzzi v50 80 build
Newbie from North Alabama USA...... EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm by TheMadman

» Suzuki A100
Newbie from North Alabama USA...... EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm by roflhat

» Triumph Trident anyone?
Newbie from North Alabama USA...... EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 am by pauliexjr

» Finished at last
Newbie from North Alabama USA...... EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 am by Kerzo

» Cagiva project
Newbie from North Alabama USA...... EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 pm by pauliexjr

» Any Londoners or South Easterners?
Newbie from North Alabama USA...... EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:16 pm by RussJ

» not been on here for a while
Newbie from North Alabama USA...... EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm by RussJ

» Honda h100A 1980, Some history and build pictures.
Newbie from North Alabama USA...... EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm by RussJ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Newbie from North Alabama USA......

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cklamer

Newbie from North Alabama USA...... Empty
PostSubject: Newbie from North Alabama USA......   Newbie from North Alabama USA...... EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 3:23 pm

Hello Al..,

Looking forward to learning a lot from everyone and I am getting ready to start my new Cafe Racer build with a 1981 CB750K I just picked up with only 16,000 miles on it. I had been looking for something in that range online and walked in to the shop of my local Harley mechanic and the owner had just brought this CB750K in for some regular maintenance and cleaning to get it ready to sale.

So guess what I worked out a deal and paid him cash.

I have plenty of other bikes to ride so I can work on this one for a while. The other bikes are a 2005 Yamaha Roadstar Midnight Silverado that I have increased the stock HP from 62.4 up to a great 76.8 and the TQ is over 100. affraid

My other bike is a 2001 BMW K1200RS and this bike is super fun to ride and I just made a trip to Nashville yesterday and it's hard to keep this bike under 80-90 MPH.

I have a local guy that builds race engines that just emailed me and is very excited about building the engine. Looking to increase the output around 890cc range.

Talk to you soon!
Back to top Go down
gone fishin

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from North Alabama USA......   Newbie from North Alabama USA...... EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 3:39 am

hello and welcome
Back to top Go down
cklamer

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from North Alabama USA......   Newbie from North Alabama USA...... EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 8:58 pm

This will be my next project and already have a CB900C front end and mag wheels. I also have a local guy that does my dyno tuning that will be building the engine and adding a bunch of power.

He has been building race engines for over 20 years.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from North Alabama USA......   Newbie from North Alabama USA...... EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 1:44 am

Nice looking bike and superb condition! Over here we tend to start with 'basket cases' and work forward, but you know us Brits, always do things the hard way, here's a couple of pictures of my CB750 when I got her

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As for tuning and Honda 750 in particular, there was a time when you could walk into any number of bike stores here and order up a Yoshimura or Wyseco big-bore kit that bolted on to the CB and gave you an immediate 890cc conversion, add in a decent set of headers, mild cams and you had a good motor.

That doesn't exist anymore, since you can now get 500cc bikes throwing out 80-90bhp as stock and a good 750 or 900 will give you 100+bhp off the forecourt, British bikers seem to have forgotton the art of tuning. Pipes perhaps, maybe some new jets and needles, but for anything radical for the CBs now we have to come to your suppliers, that means paying freight and import duties, which makes tuning older bikes very expensive.

But it's not all doom and gloom, the very existence of this site shows there are still some hard core cafe'ers out there, so more power to your wrench and keep sending the photos!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from North Alabama USA......   Newbie from North Alabama USA...... Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie from North Alabama USA......
Page 1 of 1