Cafe Racer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cafe Racer Forum

Cafe Racer Forum for the Cafe Racer culture enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» gs550 7k miles cafe racer build
All gone quiet again! EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm by RussJ

» moto guzzi v50 80 build
All gone quiet again! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm by TheMadman

» Suzuki A100
All gone quiet again! EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm by roflhat

» Triumph Trident anyone?
All gone quiet again! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 am by pauliexjr

» Finished at last
All gone quiet again! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 am by Kerzo

» Cagiva project
All gone quiet again! EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 pm by pauliexjr

» Any Londoners or South Easterners?
All gone quiet again! EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:16 pm by RussJ

» not been on here for a while
All gone quiet again! EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm by RussJ

» Honda h100A 1980, Some history and build pictures.
All gone quiet again! EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm by RussJ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

All gone quiet again!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

All gone quiet again! Empty
PostSubject: All gone quiet again!   All gone quiet again! EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:37 am

Just when you think things on here are on a roll it dies a death! Is everyone out on their cafes or locked in their sheds, or have they all just lost interest? Come on guys, lets do some talking, share some ideas, post piccies of your projects and rides!
Back to top Go down
colbb66

colbb66

PostSubject: Re: All gone quiet again!   All gone quiet again! EmptyWed May 25, 2011 3:10 am

I'm still here Paul dodging away with the XJ550.
Not alot to report though as I'm not getting the time to get at it. Did manage to paint the shock body & a few bit's & bobs & polish the fork lowers, paint strip the caliper & make up the 10mm bracket to mount the caliper to the forks..
Ordered some stainless nuts & bolts for it too along with tapered head bearings..

Wait a minute.. that is a pretty good report now I think about it.. !!! Rolling Eyes Very Happy
I won't get to it this weekend either, seeing East Fortune is on again & I will be there cheering on a few mates. Razz

Whats happening with the Honda Paul???

Col.
Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: All gone quiet again!   All gone quiet again! EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:20 pm

Hi Col, got the frame and s/arm back from the powder coating shop last week, assembled the front forks, clip ons and light brackets, then found the upper shock bushes for the rear were shot and the old dome nuts and washers were badly rusted so sent an order off to CMSL for new ones. Very, very busy with other things (including work) so like you, everything on hold :-(
Back to top Go down
devonrider

PostSubject: Well maybe this   All gone quiet again! EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:36 pm

will stir up a bit of interest.
How about this for some kind of ultimate.
Shocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
colbb66

colbb66

PostSubject: Re: All gone quiet again!   All gone quiet again! EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:13 pm

Pretty radical stuff indeed.

How far do you think the owner/builder has ridden on that if at all??? Laughing

Good to hear that your managing to have some stuff done though Paul, Nice one. Wink

I painted my swingarm tonight a nice lovely shade of shiny black.. Dropped the shock spring of at the powder coaters for an orange finish to match my hubs on Monday..

Cheers
Col.
Back to top Go down
stevie9183

stevie9183

PostSubject: great stuff   All gone quiet again! EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 9:24 am

Its good to see projects moving on well done guys,would love to see the end results,so hurry up Laughing so you can use them this summer. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
colbb66

colbb66

PostSubject: Re: All gone quiet again!   All gone quiet again! EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 9:54 am

Going as fast as I can Laughing & like you it is never fast enough as I want to be out riding when the sun is still shining.. Cool

Go one step forward then get bumped back a fe at the moment. Put some stickers on the swing arm the other night & thought I only needed to give it a laquer to seal them in. Used the same paint as what the black is & it reacted.. Mad ????
So thats needing a rub down & repaint once again to get back to where I was before the laquering..
Gutted!!!

On a up note though the engine is in the frame

Col. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: All gone quiet again!   All gone quiet again! EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 12:08 am

Still chugging along with mine as well, but it doesn't help when you spend 2-3 days every week away form home, get back and there's a mountain of things need sorting before you can with all conscience go down the garage and start tinkering again (if you want to stay married that is!)

I've been struggling to find a nice tank for my project, they do come up on Fleabay from time to time, but I don't want to splash out a couple of hundred quid only to find it doesn't fit. I looked at having one made by the Tank Company down in Dumfries, but a) they want a fortune and b) they have a 9 month waiting list! So I'm modding the original , I've got a nice 'Monza' style cap, and I've cut a hoile in the flap that covers the original filler cap, now I'm on the hunt for about 75mm of 57mm (2 1/4 inch) pipe which I'm going to braze in place, then blend the flap into the tank with P38 and I should be in business.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All gone quiet again!   All gone quiet again! Empty

Back to top Go down

All gone quiet again!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cafe Racer Forum  :: Introduce yourself!-
Jump to: