Cafe Racer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cafe Racer Forum

Cafe Racer Forum for the Cafe Racer culture enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» gs550 7k miles cafe racer build
NEW CB400N moneypit about to start excavation EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm by RussJ

» moto guzzi v50 80 build
NEW CB400N moneypit about to start excavation EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm by TheMadman

» Suzuki A100
NEW CB400N moneypit about to start excavation EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm by roflhat

» Triumph Trident anyone?
NEW CB400N moneypit about to start excavation EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 am by pauliexjr

» Finished at last
NEW CB400N moneypit about to start excavation EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 am by Kerzo

» Cagiva project
NEW CB400N moneypit about to start excavation EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 pm by pauliexjr

» Any Londoners or South Easterners?
NEW CB400N moneypit about to start excavation EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:16 pm by RussJ

» not been on here for a while
NEW CB400N moneypit about to start excavation EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm by RussJ

» Honda h100A 1980, Some history and build pictures.
NEW CB400N moneypit about to start excavation EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm by RussJ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

NEW CB400N moneypit about to start excavation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
manila re

NEW CB400N moneypit about to start excavation Empty
PostSubject: NEW CB400N moneypit about to start excavation   NEW CB400N moneypit about to start excavation EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 8:47 pm

Thankyou to the Australian government for protecting my fellow roadusers from me for initially 24 years cut to 15 on appeal.Who knows the carnage I could've caused driving my 1981 volvo mean machine gl240 with a top speed of 80kmh.
That is all in the past now,(although I still consider them negligible taking the primary means of transport off tradesmen,couriers and the general public who prior to their current circumstance would never have been able to even dream of being in the rear of a police wagon or in fact a jail cell or courtroom.)this is where my old 1981 CB400N comes into the picture.Having a car in the family already I am hoping to add the motorcycle to the financial equation as a way for me to get around cheaply and easily.Currently the bike has been garaged for going on twenty years ,there is some surface rust on the handlebars and mirrors which is the primary concern cosmetically.Mechanically I am hoping that it is just a clogged fuel line if I remember correctly,new battery spark plugs, oil change tune up and general clean up then off to the mechanic for a once over, so that at 120kmh my front end actually stays on the bike.
Reside in Sydney Australia, lived here from birth but my parents are of Greek origin.Married with two children aged 13 and 11.That's about it for now,hopefully I'll be pestering some of you guys soon for help and information and if there is anything in my narrow skill set I will try to do my utmost to return the favour.
Happy new year and riding to all.
Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: NEW CB400N moneypit about to start excavation   NEW CB400N moneypit about to start excavation EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 11:44 pm

Firstly welcome, it's always nice to see new faces on here, there is a tendency for people to arrive, start projects, ask questions and then disappear so please post piccies and come back often so we can see how your build is going.

Out of curiosity, what have the Aussie Government done to cause issues with your Volvo as it's not appeared over here in the British press to my knowledge?.
Back to top Go down
manila re

PostSubject: driving offences receive jail time ,while weapons and drugs charges get you bail.   NEW CB400N moneypit about to start excavation EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 6:38 am

No problem,to tell you the truth I tend to drop off as well but it is more a matter of laziness rather than drawing from the well only when it suits.
The pictures will be uploaded soon,I actually don't have any yet ,fortunately the bike is together so there won't be much obvious progress start to finish but I'll try my best.
The issue with the licensing laws, well where do I start? When you get a fine in Australia if it is not paid in time it is referred to another organisation who tack on a $50 processing fee to each offence.Then you can choose to pay by instalments or pay off the whole hog.My situation dictated the need for a payment plan but alas after months of payments the amount had not reduced, this went on for a tear or so , by the way I was eligible for a license at this point having sat out my suspension all that needed to be finalised was the outstanding amount. Having explained my situation numerous times to the State Debt Recovery Office(SDRO) and making no progress I enlisted the help of my mother and sister just in case I was doing the wrong thing.They were met with the same calamity but my sister had the foresight to document each and every phonecall , letter and any other correspondence,oh sorry I failed to mention this SDRO did not have an office where the public could attend to deal with any issues ,everything was done by phone and post,there is more to this just I have gone through it over and over so I'll leave the rest to another time.The point is that drivers who lost their livelihood if they lost their license took it upon themselves to drive and when caught would be looking at 5 years the 15 years m,hell ther is a couple of guys who can't drive till 2076 that I have personally met.
Going into court you are better off robbing people or manufacturing pills rather than driving to work and back.
Happy post eh? Do my best to keep in touch,cheers.
Back to top Go down
manila re

PostSubject: forgot -polishing my handlebars    NEW CB400N moneypit about to start excavation EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 6:40 am

The surface rust is coming off with plastic scourers but there are pimples left behind what do I need to do to protect the metal?
Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: NEW CB400N moneypit about to start excavation   NEW CB400N moneypit about to start excavation EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 8:48 am

manila re wrote:
The surface rust is coming off with plastic scourers but there are pimples left behind what do I need to do to protect the metal?

I use a product called Dinitrol, but I don't know if it's available in Oz, try [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or Google rust proofer and see what comes up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW CB400N moneypit about to start excavation   NEW CB400N moneypit about to start excavation Empty

Back to top Go down

NEW CB400N moneypit about to start excavation
Page 1 of 1