Cafe Racer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cafe Racer Forum

Cafe Racer Forum for the Cafe Racer culture enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» gs550 7k miles cafe racer build
gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!! EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm by RussJ

» moto guzzi v50 80 build
gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm by TheMadman

» Suzuki A100
gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!! EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm by roflhat

» Triumph Trident anyone?
gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 am by pauliexjr

» Finished at last
gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 am by Kerzo

» Cagiva project
gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!! EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 pm by pauliexjr

» Any Londoners or South Easterners?
gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!! EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:16 pm by RussJ

» not been on here for a while
gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!! EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm by RussJ

» Honda h100A 1980, Some history and build pictures.
gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!! EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm by RussJ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
carbon moto

carbon moto

gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!! Empty
PostSubject: gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!!   gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!! EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 1:21 pm

I AM TRYING TO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX ON THIS ONE Very Happy Very Happy
Its a gs1000 g shaft drive, bought with no barrels or head so the engine is no use to megs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!! New_im10
Today removed everything off the frame then added the new front end, gsxr upside downies & a spoked gs twin disc wheel.
The other swinging arm i had modified by my lads mate is going on this one, gsxr600/750 converted to twin shock, that cannot go in until the foot peg hangers are removed.
I machined down the threaded part of the (the bit that bolts in the frame on the original bike) gsxr swinging arm spindle & opened up the mounting holes to suit.
gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!! 410gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!! 511gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!! 512
Back to top Go down
http://www.caferacerseats.co.uk
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!!   gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!! EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 2:32 am

I'm not a lover of 'shafties' either, but i do recall a very funny moment involving an MV Augusta and Phil Read. They launched the MV Augusta America at Dunham and Haines in Luton to great fanfare and got local celebrity racer Phil Read along to show the rest of us how it's done.

The mechanic who'd taken the America out of it's crate and got it set up wheeled the bike out of the showroom and started it up. Phil Read posed by the bike whilst the local photographers snapped away, then swung a leg over the bike and started revving the b*llocks off it prior to a racing start up the road. The mechanic whispered a friendly warning "Watch out for the torque reaction" which the esteemed Mr Read proceeded to ignore and dropped the clutch......

Dunham and Haines had been at the same site in Luton for decades, and the road outside the showroom was absolutely sodden with engine oil which had dripped from countless Enfields, AJs, Beezas etc. Needless to say the MV engine twisted violently against the shaft drive, the back wheel went sideways on the oil patch and the bike skittered off up the road leaving the aforementioned Mr Read sitting on his backside, much to the amusement of all around! Laughing
Back to top Go down
carbon moto

carbon moto

PostSubject: Re: gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!!   gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!! EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 2:45 am

[quote= Mr Read sitting on his backside, much to the amusement of all around! Laughing [/quote]
i would love to have seen his not so smug face Embarassed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
carbon moto

carbon moto

PostSubject: Re: gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!!   gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!! EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 5:53 am

This week i have done loads on all 3 bikes
This one is just about mocked up now just waiting for the engine to turn next week.its a gsxr1100 lump.
Will get it in new mounts made, few brackets welded on for rear sets seat & all the frame braced.
Im going to use gsxr 1100 wn forks calipers & hopefully machine the discs or the early gs550 spoked hubs to fit the discs. the rear will use the drum.
This will give you a rough idea of the look im going for, as for colours the frame will either be candy deep red or candy blue, the tank seat & mudguard will be in....... you will just have to wait & see Very Happy (something special that i have never used as its so new)gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!! Photo_10
Back to top Go down
Pud

Pud

PostSubject: Re: gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!!   gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!! EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 2:12 am

bollocks another one im going home in disgrace Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!!   gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

gs1000 g shaftie -I HATE SHAFT DRIVE BIKES!!!!
Page 1 of 1