Cafe Racer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cafe Racer Forum

Cafe Racer Forum for the Cafe Racer culture enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» gs550 7k miles cafe racer build
Hello everyone first things first Yamaha sr125. EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm by RussJ

» moto guzzi v50 80 build
Hello everyone first things first Yamaha sr125. EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm by TheMadman

» Suzuki A100
Hello everyone first things first Yamaha sr125. EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm by roflhat

» Triumph Trident anyone?
Hello everyone first things first Yamaha sr125. EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 am by pauliexjr

» Finished at last
Hello everyone first things first Yamaha sr125. EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 am by Kerzo

» Cagiva project
Hello everyone first things first Yamaha sr125. EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 pm by pauliexjr

» Any Londoners or South Easterners?
Hello everyone first things first Yamaha sr125. EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:16 pm by RussJ

» not been on here for a while
Hello everyone first things first Yamaha sr125. EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm by RussJ

» Honda h100A 1980, Some history and build pictures.
Hello everyone first things first Yamaha sr125. EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm by RussJ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Hello everyone first things first Yamaha sr125.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bezza.7753

Hello everyone first things first Yamaha sr125. Empty
PostSubject: Hello everyone first things first Yamaha sr125.   Hello everyone first things first Yamaha sr125. EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 6:33 am

Hello all i would start by saying i love cafe racers but that would be an understatement so straight to business i have had to many bikes to count and unfoutantly i wasn't always the most legal of people i used to test my bikes against the police since they were the best test subject for my tuned bikes but after coming close to prison a few times i decided that being reckless and stupid was not a good road to head up obviously. So i now own a small motorbike parts company with my cousin and I keep what i need of the bikes i break and sell the rest this way it funds my cafe racers and i have plenty of parts to play with. I always drive legally now well... the odd speed limit break but nothing worth moaning about and Ive decided in cafe racing small capicity bikes as i used to play with anything really abouth 600cc but id like to get back to small bikes again where you have to work the power right in order to reap the rewards and I love going down the back roads and throwing around a small bike and leaving a big bike behind due to the facts he couldn't go into the corners as quick as you due to the weight and length of his bike. I decided if i was gonna make a cafe racer i wanted to be my own and i wanted it to be cheap after all my grandad used to cafe racer his norton or anything he could get his hands on and the one thing he always said to me was the reason he cafe raced his bikes was because he didn't have the money to buy a racing bike so he did the best he could with the tools and money he had. So i want to stick to this princable that means NO ohlins rear shocks, NO top of the range brakes basicaly nothing that is to costly. Im hoping with the experiance ive had with racing bikes and tuning them that i can make a weapon of a cafe racer.

So Ive brought the bike i found a taxed and mot'ed Yamaha Sr125 for £100. Its in ok condition and has done 7000miles from new ive had a bit of experiance with these before if you don't know what one is look it up on google its not a typical easy cafe racer type bike its cruiser type stance and short size make it an odd bike but perfect for what i need. Im no doubt gonna reach a few bumps in the road with this project but thats the fun bit when you make it not Yamaha's anymore but your own. I will keep this post updated and we will see how it goes also one note i would like to keep the price of the whole project under £350 but make it look a minter we will see how we go.

Right on with the hard but fun work
Simon

Back to top Go down
gone fishin

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone first things first Yamaha sr125.   Hello everyone first things first Yamaha sr125. EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 8:22 am

hi simon
gud to av you
Back to top Go down
Oncas

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone first things first Yamaha sr125.   Hello everyone first things first Yamaha sr125. EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 12:24 pm

Good to have ya on board matey
Back to top Go down
Pud

Pud

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone first things first Yamaha sr125.   Hello everyone first things first Yamaha sr125. EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 8:11 pm

Hi welcome and goodluck
Back to top Go down
carbon moto

carbon moto

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone first things first Yamaha sr125.   Hello everyone first things first Yamaha sr125. EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:19 am

sounds like fun
reminds me of my youth on kh's, gt's & lc's
but unfortunatly now any 125 would struggle to pull me with all my bulk up any small hill
tony
Back to top Go down
http://www.caferacerseats.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone first things first Yamaha sr125.   Hello everyone first things first Yamaha sr125. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone first things first Yamaha sr125.
Page 1 of 1