Cafe Racer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cafe Racer Forum

Cafe Racer Forum for the Cafe Racer culture enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» gs550 7k miles cafe racer build
Just another newcomer EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm by RussJ

» moto guzzi v50 80 build
Just another newcomer EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm by TheMadman

» Suzuki A100
Just another newcomer EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm by roflhat

» Triumph Trident anyone?
Just another newcomer EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 am by pauliexjr

» Finished at last
Just another newcomer EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 am by Kerzo

» Cagiva project
Just another newcomer EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 pm by pauliexjr

» Any Londoners or South Easterners?
Just another newcomer EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:16 pm by RussJ

» not been on here for a while
Just another newcomer EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm by RussJ

» Honda h100A 1980, Some history and build pictures.
Just another newcomer EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm by RussJ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Just another newcomer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
joshfinlay

Just another newcomer Empty
PostSubject: Just another newcomer   Just another newcomer EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 6:40 am

Hi guys,

I'm usually not a poster on forums or blogs, I tend to just sit back and soak up the wealth of knowledge that they contain. Nonetheless, I thought this forum seemed like it had a good bunch of guys on it and I see no reason to get stuck in.

An abbreviated bio: I'm 23, i started riding a bike (cb125) when I was 18 and had some great fun in doing so, but riding simply wasn't possible at University due to time and money contraints. Having now finished my degree and got a flimsy piece of paper to prove it I am ready to re-join the world of biking.

Frustratingly, due to the new dvla rules I am either going to have to wait until I am 24 (10months) to do my direct access or do my A2 license now and then do my direct access in a year. I suspect I will choose the first option as I really don't fancy paying for two tests. Unless anyone has any clever way round this problem?

My attraction to motorcycles has always been intimately linked to being able to work on the machine myself - probably the result of reading Robert Pirsig's classic at an early age. Even so, having been sidetracked by education, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to mechanics and would love to dive in and learn more. I am a firm believer that you should just dive in with both feet when trying to learn a new skill and, for that reason, I think I am going to pick up a second hand Honda cb series or something similar on the cheap and have a tinker with it.

I'm also a big believer in learning from a mentor who knows more about things than you do. Is there anyone in the London area (I'm in SE9) that wouldn't mind me 'sitting in' as a fly on the wall while they work on their bikes? I promise to be relatively quiet and not ask too many annoying questions Wink

Hi
Josh
Back to top Go down
RussJ

RussJ

Just another newcomer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just another newcomer   Just another newcomer EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 2:52 pm

welcome josh Smile a CB twin is a good choice . easy enough to work on and learn the ropes , and loads of spares available . Let us know what ya get and what you intend to do with it Smile
Back to top Go down

Just another newcomer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cafe Racer Forum  :: Introduce yourself!-
Jump to: