Cafe Racer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cafe Racer Forum

Cafe Racer Forum for the Cafe Racer culture enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» gs550 7k miles cafe racer build
Ey up....... EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm by RussJ

» moto guzzi v50 80 build
Ey up....... EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm by TheMadman

» Suzuki A100
Ey up....... EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm by roflhat

» Triumph Trident anyone?
Ey up....... EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 am by pauliexjr

» Finished at last
Ey up....... EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 am by Kerzo

» Cagiva project
Ey up....... EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 pm by pauliexjr

» Any Londoners or South Easterners?
Ey up....... EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:16 pm by RussJ

» not been on here for a while
Ey up....... EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm by RussJ

» Honda h100A 1980, Some history and build pictures.
Ey up....... EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm by RussJ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Ey up.......

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shug.

Shug.

Ey up....... Empty
PostSubject: Ey up.......   Ey up....... EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Big fat northern bastard here  pig   Picking up a 250 Wetdream up tomorrow in a million pieces with the intention of doing a bit of a tracker jobby on it. I know its not the sexiest or most powerful of bikes but it were cheap Laughing
I've done a few Aprilia rebuilds in the past and just done full hit on a Trx but never anything as old or out of a few boxes before. I never took it apart so jeebus h corbet its gonna be ard. Come to think of it the last Onda I owned was a maggot and I was 17 an a arf. 
So expect plenty of stupid questions and feel free to advise or take the piss in equal measures  cheers
Back to top Go down
mike151

Ey up....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ey up.......   Ey up....... EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 2:33 pm

now then, nowt wrong with 250's in my opinion, dirt cheap because everybody nowadays wants a 1300 for some strange reason, i,ve got a gsx 250 & have got it down to 138kg dry but with a 4kg batterie & center stand, 125's & 250's really benefit from weight removal & cb250n's are quite heavy for a 250.get some dunstalls on it & you might even raise the hp a bit as well, then you can change your gearing because of the better power to weight ratio. is there really a need for 1300's on our congested, speed bump / speed camera strewn roads ?
Back to top Go down
Shug.

Shug.

Ey up....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ey up.......   Ey up....... EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:02 am

Agreed, if I can get to 50 quickly I'll be happy with this. Its just gunna be for nobing about on a Sunday of after work when we get a bit of sun.
Could do with knowing if the older tank fits, the k4 ? Or owt else off the pre Dream bikes really.
Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

Ey up....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ey up.......   Ey up....... EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 12:26 am

Nah then lad, firstly nowt wrong with us big lads (6' 1" and 18 1/2 stone me'sel and I'm originally from Blackburn so I'm not taking the proverbial!) and definitely nothing wrong with smaller bikes!

I've had big bikes and small bikes and for chuckability without going all F1, knee down b*llocks you can't beat 'em. Mike also hit the nail on the head, they are cheap as chips both to buy and to work on.

Don't know about the older tanks, I suspect the answer is yes, simply because the basic shape didn't change much during the production run so they are more likely to have modded the tank, seat and panels than drastically altered the frame.

So, no p*ss taking here, just ask away, post up piccies as you go and good luck with the build.

P.S. you might want to take a look here for ideas and possible inspiration [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Shug.

Shug.

Ey up....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ey up.......   Ey up....... EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 1:05 am

Eye, got meself a k4 tank in me sleep thanks to egay. Going for something like tis,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ey up....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ey up.......   Ey up....... Empty

Back to top Go down

Ey up.......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cafe Racer Forum  :: Introduce yourself!-
Jump to: