Cafe Racer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cafe Racer Forum

Cafe Racer Forum for the Cafe Racer culture enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» gs550 7k miles cafe racer build
Temporary bike insurance, any recommendations? EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm by RussJ

» moto guzzi v50 80 build
Temporary bike insurance, any recommendations? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm by TheMadman

» Suzuki A100
Temporary bike insurance, any recommendations? EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm by roflhat

» Triumph Trident anyone?
Temporary bike insurance, any recommendations? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 am by pauliexjr

» Finished at last
Temporary bike insurance, any recommendations? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 am by Kerzo

» Cagiva project
Temporary bike insurance, any recommendations? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 pm by pauliexjr

» Any Londoners or South Easterners?
Temporary bike insurance, any recommendations? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:16 pm by RussJ

» not been on here for a while
Temporary bike insurance, any recommendations? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm by RussJ

» Honda h100A 1980, Some history and build pictures.
Temporary bike insurance, any recommendations? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm by RussJ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Temporary bike insurance, any recommendations?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

Temporary bike insurance, any recommendations? Empty
PostSubject: Temporary bike insurance, any recommendations?   Temporary bike insurance, any recommendations? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:54 am

As per the title, my insurance expired in November and the Yamaha went in the garage for Winter. I was made redundant 2 weeks ago after only 3 months in the new job (so no redundancy) so the bike has to go to meet the bills.

The MOT expires at the end of Feb so I'll need to get 12 months ticket, but I can't find anyone to insure it for a couple of weeks. Best quote I've had is from Bikesure at 78 quid, which is exhorbitent when my fully comp 12 month cover was only £137!

So, any suggestions or recommendations very welcome.
Back to top Go down
gone fishin

PostSubject: Re: Temporary bike insurance, any recommendations?   Temporary bike insurance, any recommendations? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:18 am

sorry to hear about the job mate

i thought as long as it was properly booked in at the MOT station Mr plod couldnt do jack
if im wrong stick it a van saves the wasted cash on temp insurance
Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: Temporary bike insurance, any recommendations?   Temporary bike insurance, any recommendations? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:17 pm

miffa wrote:
sorry to hear about the job mate

i thought as long as it was properly booked in at the MOT station Mr plod couldnt do jack
if im wrong stick it a van saves the wasted cash on temp insurance
Cheers Miffa, but I'll still need insurance to ride it to and from the MOT station.

As for the job, I'll bounce, no sweat Wink
Back to top Go down
beekeeper

PostSubject: Re: Temporary bike insurance, any recommendations?   Temporary bike insurance, any recommendations? EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 1:14 am

i always understood, the shorter the cover, the more expensive it was.

the only way i used to find round it was a years cover on DD that you then cancelled then not needed.

whether you'ed get away with that these days i'm not sure. scratch
Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: Temporary bike insurance, any recommendations?   Temporary bike insurance, any recommendations? EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 2:36 am

Think your right. Got it sorted though, I'm borrowing a mates bike trailer and taking it down on that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temporary bike insurance, any recommendations?   Temporary bike insurance, any recommendations? Empty

Back to top Go down

Temporary bike insurance, any recommendations?
Page 1 of 1