Cafe Racer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cafe Racer Forum

Cafe Racer Forum for the Cafe Racer culture enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» gs550 7k miles cafe racer build
can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm by RussJ

» moto guzzi v50 80 build
can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm by TheMadman

» Suzuki A100
can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm by roflhat

» Triumph Trident anyone?
can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 am by pauliexjr

» Finished at last
can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 am by Kerzo

» Cagiva project
can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 pm by pauliexjr

» Any Londoners or South Easterners?
can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:16 pm by RussJ

» not been on here for a while
can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm by RussJ

» Honda h100A 1980, Some history and build pictures.
can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm by RussJ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
stevenfisher

can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump Empty
PostSubject: can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump   can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 10:31 am

Hi all
I am looking for some help I’ve got a suzuki gp100 and it seems that the 2 stroke oil pump is mixing to much oil into the petrol which is leading to the spark plug burning out can any one tell me is there away to set the pump up or is the away to lean it out
Back to top Go down
mike151

PostSubject: Re: can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump   can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:00 pm

it will probably have a cable attached to the throttle cable which goes to the oil pump with an adjuster on it, if its like my 1985 suzuki rg 125. screw the cable adjuster in so the pump starts opening later. ps are you using the correct grade plug ? i'm using a 7 instead of an 8 whilst running mine in. they are designed to be revved, & will oil up if not given at least 3\4 throttle occasionally.

Last edited by mike151 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hugh sym

PostSubject: Re: can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump   can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:05 pm

HI, you should see a mark/line on the cable/pulley wheel of the oil pump, at full throttle (you might like to check it without the bike running) this should line up with a line/mark on the pump itself. If not adust the cable untill both marks line up.
Does the bike smoke heavy, is the pump worn out, are you using a good grade of oil, is the spark plug the correct heat rating, some other things to think about if all is well and the pump is set correctly, hope this is of some help Hugh,,,,,
Back to top Go down
Pud

Pud

PostSubject: Re: can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump   can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:11 pm

does it not explain how to set up the oil pump in the Haynes manual? my old KC100 was auto lube and it had too notches one on the pulley and one on the casing and the two should line up at full throttle
Back to top Go down
stevenfisher

PostSubject: Re: can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump   can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 3:19 pm

Thanks Guys
When I got the bike the fuel was being mix just in the tank as the pump was disconnected and all the piping was removed so I have took the pump off and cleaned it and put it back on the bike it seems to be working I have set it up as it says in the Haynes manual all the lines match up and the 2 stroke oil is not a cheap one and I am running the write plug no matter what I do it is just getting to much oil
Back to top Go down
Pud

Pud

PostSubject: Re: can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump   can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 2:35 pm

sounds to me that is why they were premixing, probably find the oil pump is knacked
Back to top Go down
crazyhoarse2001

PostSubject: oil pump   can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 2:43 pm

the problem with oil pumps is you cant actually see it working and if it isnt working correctly it can be hard to tell.
The pump is usually operated by the throttle cable and if you alter it too much you can seize the engine .
Ive had a few GPs and they are a fantastic bike if you dont mind a bike that has a lot of vibration.
If it was me I would alter it a bit and just keep turning it until you get the right mixture but if you do that it may take some time to actually get it right.
good luck with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump   can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump Empty

Back to top Go down

can any one with a 2 stroke oil pump
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cafe Racer Forum  :: General Chat-
Jump to: