Cafe Racer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cafe Racer Forum

Cafe Racer Forum for the Cafe Racer culture enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» gs550 7k miles cafe racer build
honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm by RussJ

» moto guzzi v50 80 build
honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm by TheMadman

» Suzuki A100
honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm by roflhat

» Triumph Trident anyone?
honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 am by pauliexjr

» Finished at last
honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 am by Kerzo

» Cagiva project
honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 pm by pauliexjr

» Any Londoners or South Easterners?
honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:16 pm by RussJ

» not been on here for a while
honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm by RussJ

» Honda h100A 1980, Some history and build pictures.
honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm by RussJ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion

Go down 
+6
beekeeper
pauliexjr
carlmt
Pud
gone fishin
carbon moto
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:36 am

As Pud says, you should be able to get that alloy welded, if not then it's E-bay for a replacement.
Back to top Go down
gone fishin

PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:45 am

i aint wallowing in your misfortune mate but its reasuring to know that these things dont just happen to me No

easy fix tho bit of paper mashay and some silver paint should sort it ;

seriously whats the parts availability like on them ? they are quite rare but there must be someone breaking one
Back to top Go down
Mig

Mig

PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:02 am

Try Peter at DK Spares. Pretty sure they will be able to sort you one.
Back to top Go down
carbon moto

carbon moto

PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 5:00 pm

Have tried every where & every one & it's either a full engine or nothing.fortunately
My eldest lad knows a bloke who is reputed to be one of the top alloy welders in the uk. This guy is a genius , he runs welding workshops-all types, as well as designing & manufacturing kit cars, it's going to him on Monday to be welded & then back to the polishers again.
Next Friday the engine mounts are back from the chromer so souls get the engine in & rebuild the forks with new seal & oil
Back to top Go down
http://www.caferacerseats.co.uk
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:22 pm

Back to top Go down
carbon moto

carbon moto

PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 4:59 am

Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:11 pm

Glad to be of help, insomnia and curiosity are both a blessing and a curse!
Back to top Go down
carbon moto

carbon moto

PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:17 am

thanks to pauliexjr i bought a new case for it instead of having it welded, the crack ran down most of the inside of the case.
its arrived & gone straight to the polisher, should be back next tues / wed
the chrome engine mounts should be with me by monday so should get the engine in by tuesday
Back to top Go down
carbon moto

carbon moto

PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 11:49 am

Didnt get much done last week as we were very busy with the cafe racer seats we sell, brought 3 new types out & selling loads.
Had another look at the carbon seat we made for this bike & it looks too wide at the back & a bit bulky too, so i got my lad who is an ace plug maker(does all ours) to make a seat plug especially for this bike he only had 1 day as he was needed to make seats that have been sold.
whilst he was doing that i prepped the tank for painting ready to make the moulds.
This is what we ended up with after a bit of black 2k paint. mould making started today.honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 Photo_26
I tried to get new swinging arm & wheel spindles from honda as these were a bit grotty,but they are no longer available so had a word with my chromer who plated the nut ends, not only that but he also plated the end that pokes through the nut just before the thread (i never asked him to - but thats one of the reason i use him)
The chrome engine mounts came back on saturday so we skipped lunch today to have a little play, just waiting for some more bits coming back from the polisher & the moulds to be finished tomorrow then we can make the carbon bodywork
honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 Photo_27
Back to top Go down
Pud

Pud

PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 12:27 pm

one word " impressive "
Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 2:24 am

Wasn't sure about the gold frame TBH, but, teamed with black bodywork? I think that is going to rock. Looking forward to more piccies!
Back to top Go down
gone fishin

PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 4:58 am

nice..ly ......coming along Cool
Back to top Go down
carbon moto

carbon moto

PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 11:36 am

the new engine casing is back from the polishers & on the bike.
the bike is back on its old wheels while the new spoked ones are being rebuilt, had to put it on the wheels so we could get the right level for the tank to fit.
not got that much done actually on the bike this week as we have been busy making some moulds,
for it these are now ready to make a few carbon bits for this bike they include seat )see picture of it now made), tank,chain guard, headlight bowl & fuse box cover
this is how it is looking at the momenthonda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 Photo_10
honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 Photo_11
honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 Photo_12
Back to top Go down
Pud

Pud

PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:54 pm

that is looking great mate
Back to top Go down
genuflector

PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 7:51 am

I love the frame color.
I'm also working on a CR based on a XBR.
I you need parts that you can't get, check this out (as new member I can't write complete links for a week)
bike-teile.de
You need to speak german (or get somebody who does) but there's a huge selection on XBR/GB parts.
I'd love to see more pics as the job advances.
Back to top Go down
gone fishin

PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:32 am

grrrreat mate
Back to top Go down
carbon moto

carbon moto

PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:13 am

WHAT DO YOU GET THIS TIME OF YEAR WHEN EVERYONE GOES ON HOLIDAY?
SOD ALL DONE ON THIS BLOODY PROJECT!!!
The polisher has some parts & more importantly the rims he is away till tuesday,The guy that builds my wheels goes away tomorrow so cannot get my wheels done for at least another week & the chromer has gone away for a week whilst he still has a few bits from the bike that i need.
The 2 months is up next week & due to these spiteful people taking holidays just to slow this project down, i wont make it. but it doesnt matter s its my bike now not the customers.
had a few disasters this week
1 put the rs rear hub in the parts washer to get all the solid grease off & a great chunk of e metal fell out around one of the bearing mounts & noticed one of the cush rubber mounts had been glued back on - into the scrap ally bin
2 couldnt find another rs rear hub or wheel anywhere so ended up buying a cb350f cb400f wheel from the early 80's
3 that cost me another £60
4 the front disc i had was warped (cost me another £22 for 2 mint ones delivered)
5 lost the charger for my digi camera so can not post any pictures this week
on the plus side some things have gone well
1 the new wheel does not need any machining, offsett is perfect just need to make some spacers
2 found a small company that will make me a sprocket for the cb wheel in xbr pitch within 7-10 days for a good price
3 got the front hub spaced up & painted it in the same colour as the frame
4 bought new braided oil lines, my lad uses a place who is very good on price & fastens them to the original connector- looks clean & new but standard
5 finished tank, front mudguard rear & mudguard moulds & made a carbon chain guard
6 polished oil tank & breather fitted back in the frame
we are getting there slowly,
7 also shaved 2mm of the caliper carrier so everything is aligned & working on the front.
we are getting there slowly,
will either get a new charger or new camera next week & post some pics
Back to top Go down
Pud

Pud

PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:15 pm

and I thought it was just me who has bad days Surprised
Back to top Go down
beekeeper

PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:46 am

its a commonly known fact that if its a homer, it'll go wrong,

a lot.

worth it in the end though. Smile
Back to top Go down
carbon moto

carbon moto

PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 7:58 am

beekeeper wrote:
its a commonly known fact that if its a homer, it'll go wrong,

a lot.

worth it in the end though. Smile

not a simpson is sight here mate
not a bart,marge or maggie, here at all
& Definitely not a homer!!! Very Happy
sorry couldnt resist
Back to top Go down
beekeeper

PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 12:30 am

didnt mean to offend.

common saying round these parts meaning private job other than customers.
Back to top Go down
carbon moto

carbon moto

PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 1:35 am

No offence taken mate, I new what you meant but couldn't resist taking the pi@@
Back to top Go down
carbon moto

carbon moto

PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:41 am

sorry for the lack of posts, i have not been skiving just very busy.I am in the process of getting 2 websites sorted one for the ducati carbon & the other for the cafe racer parts, lots of photo taking & adding items to the data bases.
i decided that as everyone else was on holiday & i couldnt get my parts so i wouldnt get much done on the bike & business was quiet i might as well join them. So i had a few days off too Very Happy
back to work now & still waiting for bits to turn up, so i thought i would tackle the wiring, which was a right mess loads of twisted wires in insulating tape, have removed the indicator wires & relays relocated all the components under the seat hump & just about sorted it. All soldered with heat shrink over the joints -took bloody hours.
honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 Img_0510
The body work is coming along nicely, the tank cover came out of the mould today, the seat unit, mudguards(front & rear), & chain guard are all made just need paint & lacquer.Tomorrow i am making the wheel spacers at my mates machine shop & hopefully collecting the spoked front wheel along with the front mudguard brace from the chromer, early next week we should have the front end all together & on the bike.

honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 Img_0512honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 Img_0514
Back to top Go down
Pud

Pud

PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:52 am

that is looking sweet bounce
Back to top Go down
beekeeper

PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:01 am

well i'm impressed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion   honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

honda xbr500 cafe racer - we only have 2 months to completion
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next