Cafe Racer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cafe Racer Forum

Cafe Racer Forum for the Cafe Racer culture enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» gs550 7k miles cafe racer build
Cafe Racer Magazine EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm by RussJ

» moto guzzi v50 80 build
Cafe Racer Magazine EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm by TheMadman

» Suzuki A100
Cafe Racer Magazine EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm by roflhat

» Triumph Trident anyone?
Cafe Racer Magazine EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 am by pauliexjr

» Finished at last
Cafe Racer Magazine EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 am by Kerzo

» Cagiva project
Cafe Racer Magazine EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 pm by pauliexjr

» Any Londoners or South Easterners?
Cafe Racer Magazine EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:16 pm by RussJ

» not been on here for a while
Cafe Racer Magazine EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm by RussJ

» Honda h100A 1980, Some history and build pictures.
Cafe Racer Magazine EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm by RussJ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Cafe Racer Magazine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Oncas

Cafe Racer Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Cafe Racer Magazine   Cafe Racer Magazine EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:46 am

Just got back from the custom show at All Pally and picked up a copy of Cafe Racer Mag, they wanted to do a small feature on my bike and I emailed them all the details of the build etc and they have completely forked it up, the engine is a 1052 and they have it listed as a GSXF750 Katana !!!! they say I bought the tank from a swap meet..bollox, they say it has Harris triple clamps...bollox and that it claimed to have a 120bhp at the crank when I gave them the dyno sheet showing 128 bhp at the wheel and they claim this this is impressive for a very lightweight bike, anyone out there ever lifted a Norton frame with a GSXR motor in it, light it aint and to top it all they have given thanks to John Cody for photo`s ... bollox he is a mate of mine who has had a mention in the build but its not his bike.

All they had to do was copy and paste my write up into their mag and if tailor it if it was to long, I think they have made themselves look incompetent, most of us can recognise engines and parts and look to relate the write up with the photo`s, they are not even close.

TWATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
gone fishin

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Racer Magazine   Cafe Racer Magazine EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 5:44 am

honestly you would think these people would get it right scratch scratch

the editor needs a good editing
Back to top Go down
beekeeper

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Racer Magazine   Cafe Racer Magazine EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 12:54 am

used to have a lot of cars mag featured that we'd built.

generally found they'ed make half it up as they wrote it.

never did they get one completely right.
Back to top Go down
Pud

Pud

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Racer Magazine   Cafe Racer Magazine EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 7:50 am

don't they call it journalistic license lol!
Back to top Go down
Oncas

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Racer Magazine   Cafe Racer Magazine EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 11:49 am

Just sent the wankers an email, lets see if they reply
Back to top Go down
Dutch

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Racer Magazine   Cafe Racer Magazine EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:41 am

If you want your bike accurately featured somewhere, please use us at www.thebikeshed.cc

We created the site to unite non-professional builders with the pros, and specifically to feature your home builds and stories.

Send a few quality pics and info to info@thebikeshed.cc and we'll write something up and get you to approve the copy before we publish, or you can write the copy yourselves and we'll just quote you.. Here's what we've done for others like you... some are just a few lines and finished photos, other's like Geoff's 900ss Build 43 have the whole story from paper to metal.

Geoff's Ducati - Build 43

Rick's Norton

Gixxer powered Norton!

Marc's SR500

Fuelled by Tea

Stephano's Ducati

This is a homemade, non-commercial, free website, run by me, Tim & Kev at www.SpiritoftheSeventies.com, Adam at www.UntitledMotorcycles.com and Barry at www.MotorcycleDeluxe.com.

Dutch

Back to top Go down
http://www.thebikeshed.cc
Oncas

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Racer Magazine   Cafe Racer Magazine EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:46 am

All ready on there Dutch, its the Norton Suzuki, whats happening regarding Brands Hatch mate ?
Back to top Go down
Dutch

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Racer Magazine   Cafe Racer Magazine EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 9:07 am

Oncas wrote:
All ready on there Dutch, its the Norton Suzuki, whats happening regarding Brands Hatch mate ?

Good work fella - and hi...

Regarding Brands, we're still on in principle. I'm having a bit of chicken & egg, where Brands Hatch wants numbers to recommend a date, and potential participants want a date to confirm their attendance.

I'm also in talks with "a major cafe racer manufacturer" who may be interestd in sponsoring the events, which would reduce costs of entry and help make it a bigger event, so am also waiting on news from them.

Meanwhile, either way, there will be a huge posse of cafe racer, scrambler, flat tracker and custom riders assembling on a track day at brands HAtch some time this late Spring/Summer for a hairy-arsed thrash round the track, with or without sponsors and support.

As soon as we have dates and firm plans, it'll all be posted on The Bike Shed website, and on our Facebook page (/BikeShedMotorcycleClub), as well as re-posted on BikeExif, Iron & Air, Sideblog. Pipeburn and elsewhere, so watch this space.

Meanwhile I'll be really grateful for people simply emailing me their interest so we can add a weight of names (in principle) to this event. to info@thebikeshed.cc

The event will almost certainly be on a weekday, as Brands Hatch is used for racing an big events on the weekends. For people who you don't have one piece or zip-together race leathers MSV do rent them out, but I'll confirm this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebikeshed.cc
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Racer Magazine   Cafe Racer Magazine Empty

Back to top Go down

Cafe Racer Magazine
Page 1 of 1