Cafe Racer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cafe Racer Forum

Cafe Racer Forum for the Cafe Racer culture enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» gs550 7k miles cafe racer build
Worcestershire Newbie  EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm by RussJ

» moto guzzi v50 80 build
Worcestershire Newbie  EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm by TheMadman

» Suzuki A100
Worcestershire Newbie  EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm by roflhat

» Triumph Trident anyone?
Worcestershire Newbie  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 am by pauliexjr

» Finished at last
Worcestershire Newbie  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 am by Kerzo

» Cagiva project
Worcestershire Newbie  EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 pm by pauliexjr

» Any Londoners or South Easterners?
Worcestershire Newbie  EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:16 pm by RussJ

» not been on here for a while
Worcestershire Newbie  EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm by RussJ

» Honda h100A 1980, Some history and build pictures.
Worcestershire Newbie  EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm by RussJ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Worcestershire Newbie

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wilco

Worcestershire Newbie  Empty
PostSubject: Worcestershire Newbie    Worcestershire Newbie  EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 12:07 pm

Names Craig,

currently ride a gsxr 600 srad after spending the winter improving her looks I find myself wanting something else to occupy my mind... Have always liked the look of the cafe racer and after spending some time researching and finding IED - First cafe racer project I have decided to give it a go, I have very little mechanical knowledge but with youtube, Haynes , Google , forums and friends I not really worried about that - best way to learn is getting stuck in

I'm thinking Honda super-dream to start my project but not in a position to purchase or start a project yet but this should change soon (a 8x6 shed full of junk to sort first to give me some where to work) my plan is to read as many projects as I can and try to learn from them so thought it was only right to register and say hello Smile

Back to top Go down
RussJ

RussJ

PostSubject: Re: Worcestershire Newbie    Worcestershire Newbie  EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 4:33 am

hi and welcome craig Smile keep us up to date with what ya get and start a project thread when you do (we're a nosey lot  Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
wilco

PostSubject: Re: Worcestershire Newbie    Worcestershire Newbie  EmptyFri May 16, 2014 3:52 am

Thanks Russ,

went to Darley Moor Thundersprint last weekend and got to see some great cafe racers ( and some sugar) its given me a few idea's - also been watching hackaweek on YouTube along with johnysworkshop there are some superb idea's /tips to be picked up there, I never considered making my own tank until I seen how simple it was providing you willing to put the man hours in

hopefully be in a position to buy my project in the next few months Smile
Back to top Go down
RussJ

RussJ

PostSubject: Re: Worcestershire Newbie    Worcestershire Newbie  EmptyFri May 23, 2014 3:42 am

making your own tank  Shocked  make sure you do a low pressure leak test after, the last thing you want is petrol bubbling your lovely paint work up after all that hard work  Wink good luck  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
wilco

PostSubject: Re: Worcestershire Newbie    Worcestershire Newbie  EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 2:40 pm

Okay so the project bike was won on that well known auction site today - its a 1988 cb 350s, it was very cheap and the engine is running so that's a bonus, it's going to be a major learning curve but hey ho got to start some where...

ionxe collected I will get a few pics up and start a project thread, but in thr mean time if any one knows of any links to thr same bike that has been cafe race'd it would be much appreciated
Back to top Go down
RussJ

RussJ

PostSubject: Re: Worcestershire Newbie    Worcestershire Newbie  EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 4:16 pm

grats on the cb350 purchase  Very Happy . A project thread's a great idea too, we can see how your getting on with the build, before and after etc.  
If ya get stuck i'm sure someone on here will be able to help . Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worcestershire Newbie    Worcestershire Newbie  Empty

Back to top Go down

Worcestershire Newbie
Page 1 of 1