Cafe Racer Forum

Cafe Racer Forum for the Cafe Racer culture enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» moto guzzi v50 80 build
Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm by TheMadman

» Suzuki A100
Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm by roflhat

» Triumph Trident anyone?
Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 am by pauliexjr

» Finished at last
Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 am by Kerzo

» Cagiva project
Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 pm by pauliexjr

» Any Londoners or South Easterners?
Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:16 pm by RussJ

» not been on here for a while
Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm by RussJ

» Honda h100A 1980, Some history and build pictures.
Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm by RussJ

» Cafe Racer CB650
Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:58 pm by RussJ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

yamaha yb100

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
J Blackman

PostSubject: yamaha yb100    Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:55 pm

Hello I'm new to this but I've always want to do a custom bike as my dad used to build custom chops many moons ago. Anyways I've been given a Yamaha yb100 not the most exciting of bikes I know but It'll be very fun and hopefully its the first of many! The plan is simply strip it spray it drop bars and a custom seat with a seat hump? ( I apologize if that is not the correct term) basically I just want to make it look good and get it through an mot to possibly ride for a bit or sell on.

So far all I've done is get it running and quickly cleaned out the tank. Heres some pictures so far.

Thats me old man say how healthy it sounds for a bike thats not moved for we don't know how many years

It started easy enough just made a make shift fuel tank out of a water bottle kicked it over a few times.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: yamaha yb100    Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:34 am

Welcome J. Great little project, enjoy and come back with more piccies as it progresses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gone fishin

PostSubject: Re: yamaha yb100    Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:17 am

howdo good project
your dad looks like hes thinking ...oh sh*t whats he got me into now!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J Blackman

PostSubject: Re: yamaha yb100    Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:37 am

Thanks I'm really looking forward to getting stuck in, I've found some less rusty wheels and some drop bars for a good price. I'll keep it updated with pictures dont you worry. And yeah he's probably thinking something along those lines but he's just a fall back if I can't figure it out myself, so far its been plain sailing ish haha. He'll probably do the spraying but the deal is I do the prep. Haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J Blackman

PostSubject: Re: yamaha yb100    Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:23 am

Quick question does anyone know the gear layout on a yb100? I seems to me as though all the gears are down I.E neutral down to 1st down to 2nd and so on. This seems very unusual to me but could it be that is simply how it is. Feel free to laugh it is a silly question.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J Blackman

PostSubject: Re: yamaha yb100    Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:53 pm

Hello again I've done quite a bit since the last update doing a little bit at a time whenever I can. I've got it running much better and riding properly. I've tightened up the front end as it was all finger tight, I did that before I rode it properly :-p and put the New front wheel in along with the junior ace bars but I haven't decided whether to use the original levers or get new amal replicas.

In the last few days i've started to make the seat base and heres how it looks at the moment. I've still got to make a lip to go round the bottom to stiffen it up a bit and make it look better. And I'm still undecided whether to make the hump from foam and fibre glass over the top ( my brother makes surfboards so I can get tips and equipment from him) or shape a nice hump from a piece of oak and laquer it leaving it natural (I'm a cabinet maker so I've got all the stuff to do that) I think the oak would look great but maybe save that for another more meaty bike in the future. What do you reckon?

P.s can you Still se the pics in my older posts? Cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: yamaha yb100    

Back to top Go down

yamaha yb100
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1