Cafe Racer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cafe Racer Forum

Cafe Racer Forum for the Cafe Racer culture enthusiasts

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» gs550 7k miles cafe racer build
ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm by RussJ

» moto guzzi v50 80 build
ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm by TheMadman

» Suzuki A100
ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm by roflhat

» Triumph Trident anyone?
ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 am by pauliexjr

» Finished at last
ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 am by Kerzo

» Cagiva project
ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 pm by pauliexjr

» Any Londoners or South Easterners?
ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:16 pm by RussJ

» not been on here for a while
ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm by RussJ

» Honda h100A 1980, Some history and build pictures.
ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm by RussJ

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

ridding bike of clocks, what can i use???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
scaredpassenger

ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? Empty
PostSubject: ridding bike of clocks, what can i use???   ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:00 pm

hi guys i have a 6v old cb 125, i want to get rid of the big square clocks and want something much smaller, is there anything out there i can use??

any help much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
pauliexjr

pauliexjr

PostSubject: Re: ridding bike of clocks, what can i use???   ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 11:47 pm

Non too familiar with the CB125, does it have mechanical drive from the front wheel for the speedo? If so a speedo from any bike with the same diameter front wheel should do it, just a case of finding one you like. Do you want/need a rev counter? If so again does it have a mechanical drive or is it electric? The older CBs seem to have round clocks, perhaps you could find some of those and adapt to fit?

Personally I like smaller cafes with a 'minimalist' approach, but Google CB125 cafe racer and have a look at some of the pictures, plus read some of the blogs for inspiration.
Back to top Go down
scaredpassenger

PostSubject: Re: ridding bike of clocks, what can i use???   ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 1:51 am

hi there, yes the speedo and rev counter are both mechanical drive, im not bothered about the rev counter and want to make the bike lines alot cleaner, that means dumping the thought of another big speedo, i want something tiny, so its legal on the road but basically cant be seen off the bike!

thanks for the reply!
Back to top Go down
scaredpassenger

PostSubject: Re: ridding bike of clocks, what can i use???   ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 9:41 am

just bringing this to life, still need to sort the speedo out, is therre anything i can use thats small? push bike speedo?? lol I havent a clue!
Back to top Go down
Oncas

PostSubject: Re: ridding bike of clocks, what can i use???   ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 10:52 am

You can use a push bike speedo, the pick up is a magnet which attaches to the wheel or disc, there is also some small white faced speedo`s with cable drive.

Back to top Go down
scaredpassenger

PostSubject: Re: ridding bike of clocks, what can i use???   ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 12:22 pm

you wouldnt happen to have a link to the small white speedos would you?
Back to top Go down
Oncas

PostSubject: Re: ridding bike of clocks, what can i use???   ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 11:18 am

You will find them at any of the big sellers, have a look at this one, looks cool and retro £30

http://www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo.aspx?catref=500364&tier1url=Custom&tier2url=Speedos-and-Tachos&tier3url=On-Two-Wheels
Back to top Go down
scaredpassenger

PostSubject: Re: ridding bike of clocks, what can i use???   ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 1:59 pm

do all bike speedos and rev counters get driven by the same size/style drive cable then? ive seen an old speedo and rev counter that looks pretty cool, off another old honda, just didnt know if they would fit or not!
Back to top Go down
Pud

Pud

PostSubject: Re: ridding bike of clocks, what can i use???   ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:34 am

Hi M8 as far as Im aware the drives are the same
Back to top Go down
Oncas

PostSubject: Re: ridding bike of clocks, what can i use???   ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Agree.......I have always found the speedo drives the same, only thing that could alter the accuracy is the wheel size
Back to top Go down
gone fishin

PostSubject: Re: ridding bike of clocks, what can i use???   ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:58 pm

its not a MOT requirement to have a speedo fitted at all, ive been pulled by mot men quite a few times and always won the argument

indicators do not need to be fitted if theres no switch gear present if youve got the switches its a fail

as the great bob dylan said......you dont need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows lol!

after saying that got a harley d black one thats up for sale
Back to top Go down
scaredpassenger

PostSubject: Re: ridding bike of clocks, what can i use???   ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 12:17 pm

i had read previously that you can do without the speedo with regards to the MOT, but idealy I want there to be one on the bike (and a rev counter really) its my first bike and have no clue with regards to judging speed or revs on a bike, also I can take them off if i prefer the look without them!

I've found something that should be suitable, look pretty old skool!! lol
Back to top Go down
Oncas

PostSubject: Re: ridding bike of clocks, what can i use???   ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 10:17 am

Mate of mine uses his Iphone, he down loaded an ap, puts in a waterproof cover and attaches it to his bike as and when he needs it
Back to top Go down
scaredpassenger

PostSubject: Re: ridding bike of clocks, what can i use???   ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 11:07 am

do they make an old skool cover for the iphone?? lol I'D HAVE TO NICK ME WIFES!! LOL
Back to top Go down
Oncas

PostSubject: Re: ridding bike of clocks, what can i use???   ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 12:50 pm

Sure do matey..........................................cling film Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ridding bike of clocks, what can i use???   ridding bike of clocks, what can i use??? Empty

Back to top Go down

ridding bike of clocks, what can i use???
Page 1 of 1